2009: The year I delve into all things food related, also known as the year seed catalogs arrived in the mail without my requesting them! Oh, and how lovely they are. I feel like the real deal, now. Happy New Year!
What are some food-related things you would like to accomplish or learn in 2009?
Here’s my list, some of which I have already mentioned in previous entries. Forgive the reiteration (if I say it enough, maybe it will actually happen):
- Make tomato paste.
- Bake a 100% Oklavore pizza.
- Learn more about keeping bees and chickens.
- See a persimmon tree.
- Cuddle a piglet.
- Expand the garden by adding some no-dig beds.
- Drink more water.
- Take a “sleep on it” approach to publishing blog entries. I often lie awake pondering if I misspelled something or used too many freaking em dashes. That’s also why I am rewriting this “New Year’s” post; I forgot to add several things in my initial entry.
- Post more often; less lag time between actual event and blog post.
- Find out if the vintage pressure cooker I got for Christmas is safe to use; if not, I’ll have to have my own MacGyver Challenge.
National Pressure Cooker
Eau Claire, Wis.